The International Kidney Cancer Coalition (IKCC) is an independent international network of patient organisations that focus exclusively, or include a specific focus, on kidney cancer. The organisation was born from a very strong desire among national kidney cancer patient groups to network, cooperate and share materials, knowledge, and experiences from around the world.
Kidney cancer is a global issue. Every year, an estimated 431,000 people worldwide will be diagnosed with kidney cancer.1 By working together and collecting the experiences of many patients in different countries, we represent the perspectives, insights and experiences of kidney cancer patients around the world and empower the kidney cancer community through advocacy, awareness, information and research.
Priority areas of focus include:
- Strengthening the capacity of current and emerging affiliates in their support for patients with kidney cancer
- Advocating for access to the best care
- Increasing awareness of kidney cancer globally
- Being a global authority in the provision of credible and up-to-date kidney cancer information
- Fostering projects promoting the voice of kidney cancer patients in research activities worldwide
Legally incorporated as a Foundation in the Netherlands, IKCC is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors with members from a minimum of four countries. IKCC’s Medical Advisory Board provides high-level scientific and medical guidance to IKCC.
IKCC works in partnership with several global and regional organisations with a shared interest in improving the lives of people living with cancer.
IKCC welcomes organisations that have an interest in kidney cancer to apply to become Affiliate Organisations.
1) Sung H, Ferlay J, Siegel RL, Laversanne M, Soerjomataram I, Jemal A, Bray F. Global cancer statistics 2020: GLOBOCAN estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries. CA Cancer J Clin. 2021 Feb 4. doi: 10.3322/caac.21660. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33538338.