On World Cancer Day on 4 February, the Global Cancer Coalition Network (GCCN) is hosting the first Coalition Connection, an online event that will examine the effects of COVID-19 on cancer communities and the innovative strategies that help minimize impact.
The virtual event will feature a combination of keynote speakers and panel discussions focused on:
- On the ground data: The results of GCCN’s latest survey of patient organisations revealing the impact of COVID-19 on the global cancer community
- Consequences of isolation: The psycho-social impact of pandemic-related isolation on cancer patients, carers, patient organisations and healthcare professionals
- New communication methods: The value and drawbacks of telemedicine and innovative new ways to support patients
When: 4 February
Time: 6:30am PST/ 9:30am EST/ 2:30pm GMT/ 3:30pm CET
Who: IKCC affiliate organisations, along with members of the global cancer community
Registration is free and is now open – click here.
About the Global Cancer Coalition Network
IKCC is part of the GCCN, a collaboration of nine global cancer coalitions and alliances. Together we represent 750 patient organisations working on behalf of 14 million cancer patients around the world. By working together as one and sharing best practices, the global cancer community can improve the lives of people affected by cancer during the pandemic and beyond.
GCCN member organisations include:
- ABC Global Alliance
- Global Colon Cancer Association
- Global Lung Cancer Coalition
- International Brain Tumour Alliance
- International Kidney Cancer Coalition
- Lymphoma Coalition
- World Bladder Cancer Patient Coalition
- World Ovarian Cancer Coalition
- World Pancreatic Cancer Coalition